9/10/06 Grandparents Day
II. Thanks-Pastor K.
A. Care Groups
1. Felix and Mark
a. Transportation, lessons, prayer lunch
b. 11:30 am
C. Retreat Eustis February
1. Farthest Traveled
a. Plastic Bus
D. Rita Chief Fund Raiser
1. Poinsettias November
III. Senior of the Year
A. Veronica H.
1. 87 yrs old
a. care group retreats
a. Hand-Clap 4 Lord
V. Three Points
1. Honor your mother and father, the elderly, your children
VI. Something for Young and Old Today
A. Determine Exactly How old?
1. Want to be older and younger
2. No one wants to be his or her age.
B. Age for Sonshiners 50
1. Who is 50 raise hand
a. Did all 50-year-old hands go up?
b. Nudge person next to you and say I bet your 50
C. Age for Youth Group 14
1. Who is 14 here?
a. Did all the 14-year-old hands go up?
b. Nudge nudge person next to you and say I bet your 14.
D. How old are you?
1. I know something that will tell us
2. The Bible will tell us how old you are.
a. Bible leads us into all truth and righteousness
A. Three Points Review
1. Honor they mother and father, Elderly, Children
VIII. Three Scriptures with Three points
A. Honor Your Mother and Father
1. Ex. 20:12 “Honor your mother and father that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”
a. Honor = Kawbad
1. Heavy word both good and bad.
a. Significant, not lightly
2. One of 10 commandments
a. We are commanded not asked.
b. Long life, prosperity.
4. Pastor K. is an example
a. Always talking to, visiting his mother put her in a better home.
1. Pastor Klepp loves his mother.
5. For the Young too
a. Younger People help your mother and father around house
b. Honor is to do not to think
B. Honor the Elderly
1. Leviticus 19:32 “Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head and honor the face of the old man and fear thy God: I am the LORD.”
a. One of 35 moral laws of Moses.
2. Hoary means grey hair
a. Be kind to those you see with grey hair, talk Maria
3. Means keep the Elderly always in mind.
a. Jewish home for the aged. Beautiful place. Name of donors.
4. Fear God. I am the LORD.
IX. Old to New Testament
A. Indwelling spirit of Jesus.
1. in old didn’t have a personal relationship with Jesus
B. Always teaching us moral laws.
1. Fulfilled with Jesus
1. Finished the Work
a. Up to us to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
X. Honor Your Children
A. Ephesians 6:1-4 “Children obey your parents in the LORD: for this is right.”
1. Children do what your parents ask in the Lord.
a. Clean room do homework, do chores
B. Ephesians 6:2 “Honor they father and mother (which is the first commandment with promise)”
1. Not all have promises.
C. Ephesians 6:3 “That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.”
1. Telling you again the promises.
D. Ephesians 6:4 “And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of he Lord.”
1. Circle of love
a. parents, children, grandparents parents.
2. Admonition and nurture is to love and instruct.
a. Fathers provoke not your children.
1. Fathers abandon children.
Royal Rangers, Missionettes, Children’s church, Youth group,
a. Programs for families to nurture and admonish children
5. Train up your child in the way he should go and when he is, old he will not depart form it.
a. Complete the circle of love
b. Base for generations
A. Father died and mom had Alzheimer’s
1. Well taken care of but alone.
2. Could not leave her by herself.
3. We had to honor her.
4. Prayed for wisdom
B. Out of comfort zone
a. Left home for 4 months
C. Honor Mother and Father
1. Had to obey God
1. Better Persons
a. learned agape love of God
b. Patience, strength
E. Many Like us.
1. Sick mom, child, and grandparents.
a. See you in the congregation
F.You Need the Lord
2. Ask God to help you
a. Ask the Holy Ghost to empower you
2. Impossible without the Lord
XII. Three Points
A. Honor mother and father, Elderly, Children
B. Only way is with Jesus
1. Have you received Jesus as your Lord and savior
2. Do you need the infilling of the Holy Ghost for your situation?
3. Do you need to love your parents more?
4. Do you need to love your children more?
5. Do you need encouragement?
C. Come up for prayer.
D. Pastor Klepp